What is Chronic Kidney Disease CKD?
Pan-India Prevalence and Vulnerability
India is reported to detect almost 10 lakh cases of patients suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease. Amongst all the age groups showing the CKD incidents, the most vulnerable one is 40 years to 60 years.
Owing to Malnutrition, newly born infants (0 to 6 months of Age) are reported to show incidents of CKD.
Early signs and symptoms of chronic kidney disease (CKD):
- Edema: Swelling of feet and ankles due to the excessive fluid accumulation in the tissues of the patient’s body. Edema can occur in any part of the body of the patients.
- Vomiting: It is the act of regurgitation that finally leads to the expulsion of the partially digested ingested food contents directly from the Stomach.
- Nausea: It is a feeling of reversal of partially digested food particles of the Stomach. And a feeling of spasm of Food pipe.
- Increased blood pressure (hypertension): It is one of the common symptoms of Chronic Kidney Disease in which the blood pressure is exerted by the blood on the walls of the arteries and veins.
- Loss of appetite: Due to the less secretion of Acid in the Stomach and imbalanced system of digestive enzymes.
- Decreased mental sharpness: The intellectual impairment of the patient suffering from CKD is very common. This is because of the penetration of urea-enriched blood across the Blood-Brain Barrier.
- Dry, itchy skin: due to the abnormally exaggerated Immune system as a response to circulating urea and other impurities in the blood. Autacoids such as Histamine and serotonin are released at the skin and cause inflammation of skin manifested by itching, dry lesions on the skin, and red patches on the skin.
- Fatigue and weakness: The manifestation of chronic kidney disease. The rate of breathing becomes increases.
- Sleep problems: The sleep pattern becomes disturbed. The quality and quantity of sleep, get disturbed. The no. of sleeping hours has become drastically reduced.
- Urinating more or less: The Imbalance of Sodium and Potassium ion import and export causes the increased or decreased rate of flow of urine.
- Shortness of breath, If the fluid starts accumulating in the lungs, then it may cause shortness of breath. The shortness of
- Muscle cramp: In the patients with CKD. The Quantity of blood reaching the muscles becomes decreased. As a result of which the amount of oxygen reaching the muscular system become decreased too.
- Proteinuria: It detects the abnormal traces of protein and blood in the urine. There are several different probable reasons for protein being released in the urine. Not all of those reasons are directly or indirectly related to CKD disease. Other bacterial or viral Infections might also increase the concentration of protein in the urine. This condition is known as Proteinuria. Proteinemia might also occur as a consequence of heavyweight training and physical workout. The physician might also ask the patient to repeat this test after a few weeks to observe if the results are similar.
- Blood pressure test: The Blood pressure becomes significantly increased in the patients suffering from CKD. This test is done to check whether the blood pressure is within normal range or it is increased. Increased blood pressure is not always indicative of CKD.
- EGFR Test: It is known as the Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (EGFR) test. It measures the volume of blood the nephrons clean every minute based on the body size of the patient.
Avail Free Counsultation
Homeopathic Approach in the Treatment of Kidney Diseases:
- Terebinthum’s rubrics are used when the blood is detected in the urine, and irritation in the Kidney and urinary tract aggravation. This remedy has been used profoundly to treat the inflammation of the urinary tract or kidneys, accompanied by uncontrollable hemorrhaging, retention of water, and Edema in the limbs. These ailments are often recognized by smoky-colored urine with a foul odor of violets. It has no side effects when consumed under the guidance of a homeopathic doctor.
- Juniperus communis is used in the treatment of Catarrhal inflammation of the kidneys. It is used to stimulate the release of fluid accumulated due to Edema. It is also useful in the release of suppressed urine. It has almost nil side effects.
- Belladonna(not to be taken orally) is a homeopathic herb that is used to treat the kidneys that are accumulated with stones of phosphates in the Kidney or urethra. The Extract of Belladona (not to be taken orally) is used to treat kidney disorders.