Asthma or COPD
Asthma or COPD: Same or Different?
Similarity Between Asthma and COPD?
Asthma and COPD are both disorders affecting the lungs. The majority of patients confuse asthma with COPD. This confusion is because both cause swelling in the patient's airways, making it difficult to breathe. Sometimes, there is an overlap of Asthma and COPD, known as ACOS Asthma-COPD overlap syndrome.Call Now - +91 9958318261 Avail Free Consultation
What Happens in Asthma?
Asthma is a medical condition in which the airway passage narrows and swells and may produce extra mucus. A mucus is a sticky substance secreted from the nose and lungs in response to any external trigger response. With asthma, the swelling is often triggered by something the patient is allergic to, like dust, mites, pollen, moulds, animal hair, or physical activity.
What Happens in COPD?
COPD stands for "Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease." COPD is the name given to a group of lung diseases that include chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Chronic bronchitis is when the respiratory tubes that carry air to your lungs (bronchial tubes) get inflamed. This condition makes the patient highly uncomfortable. Emphysema is a medical condition in which the tiny alveoli (small balloon-like structures) are damaged. Smoking is the most common cause of COPD.
What is the Main Difference Between Asthma and COPD?
Causes of Asthma
- Airborne allergens: When airborne allergens enter the upper respiratory system, they cause asthma, cough, and sneezing in the patients. Such airborne allergens include pollen, mould spores, dust mites, and particles of cockroach waste.
- Cold air exposure: Exposure to the cold air wave harms Asthma patients. The patient gets affected by the cold air. This exposure to cold air induced asthma attacks.
- Air pollutants and irritants: The fumes from the chemical industries, smoke, and other industries, when taken with air in the lungs, may cause inflammation of the lungs and episodes of asthma, too.
- Physical activity: during extreme or more than moderate levels of exercise such as cardio, bench press, and gym workouts, the patient may get sudden Asthma attacks.
Causes of COPD
- Emphysema: This lung disease causes damage to the fragile walls and elastic fibres of the alveoli. Small airways collapse when a patient exhales, impairing airflow out of the patient's lungs. In most cases, Asthma and COPD have some instances of observable emphysema.
- Chronic bronchitis: In this medical condition, the patient's bronchial tubes become narrowed and inflamed, and the patient's lungs produce more mucus, which can further block the narrowed tubes. You develop a chronic cough trying to clear your airways. This symptom is common in both Asthma and COPD.
- Occupational COPD: Occupational COPD is asthma caused by breathing in gases, chemical fumes, dust, and cement particles on the job by the workers.
- Genetic cause: It has been seen that asthma can be transmitted from infected parents to their children.
Symptoms of Asthma
Following are the symptoms of Asthma
- Chest tightness or pain: The patient has chest tightness due to asthma and may feel difficulty pushing air in and out of the chest. With asthma, mild chest tightness can usually be present, but it may worsen in response to an asthma trigger.
- Shortness of breath: It is also known as dyspnea — it is often described as an intense tightening in the chest, difficulty breathing, air hunger, breathlessness, or a feeling of suffocation by the patient.
- Coughing or wheezing: Wheezing is a high-pitched sound when breathing. It's caused by narrowed airways or inflammation in the lungs.
Symptoms of COPD
Following are the signs of COPD
- Tightness in the chest: This is common in both Asthma and COPD. The patient feels tightness in the chest. This can be worsened in the night.
- Formation of phelgm: White, yellow, or greenish sputum is a severe symptom that needs urgent homeopathic medical intervention. A chronic cough may produce mucus that may be yellow or greenish, which indicates bacterial infection and damage.
- Repeated respiratory infections: COPD patients go through frequent types of respiratory infections. The patient kept on wheezing continuously.
- Weight loss and fatigue: Severe weight loss includes muscle wasting and fat loss. This can be treated by homeopathy.
Allopathy v/s Homeopathy:
Asthma and COPD allopathic medication suppresses the over-sensitive immune system and treats the inner organs of the lungs. Homeopathic medicine instantly dilates the bronchi of the lungs and suppresses the excessive mucus secretion. The duration of action is longer than that of the toxic allopathic medication. Pathological research indicates that asthma and COPD homeopathic treatment is much more effective and result-oriented than asthma and COPD allopathic treatment.
Homeopathic physicians provide asthma homeopathic treatment, which consists of different Asthma medications. The homeopathic approach has multidimensional benefits, as it tends to correct the effect of the defective gene and provide instant relief from asthma and COPD symptoms. A proper diet chart is given to the Asthma patients to cure the patient completely.
Some other worth-mentioning points are:
- It has been found that Allopathy is lacking in providing the best asthma and COPD treatment for patients of different age groups.
- Allopathic drugs are made synthetically, and thus, they cause severe toxicity to patients with Asthma and CPOD problems. Asthma and COPD homeopathic treatment is good in terms of assured results.
- Allopathic medicines are difficult to remove entirely from the body, and they are not that effective. In addition, they do not treat the original cause of asthma.
- Homeopathic medicine relies on natural and authentic drugs and their doses. So, first, the patients thoroughly looked at their medical records. And then, the doctor prescribes asthma and COPD treatment.
- Homeopathy treats the patient gently. For example, in asthma and COPD treatment, the patient is relieved from the discomfort-causing symptoms, and the recurrence of the ailment is also prevented.
Each day, over 200 patients engage in conversations with a Bharat Homeopathy doctor to uncover the underlying causes of their health concerns and receive tailored treatment right at their doorstep. Here are the factors contributing to the trust of millions worldwide.
Safe & Natural