Asthma and COPD; both are disorders affecting the lungs. The majority of patients confuse asthma with COPD. This confusion is because both cause swelling in the airways of the patient that makes it difficult to breathe. Sometimes there is an overlap of Asthma and COPD which is known as ACOS Asthma-COPD overlap syndrome
Similarity Between Asthma and COPD?
What happens in Asthma?
Asthma is a medical condition in which the airway passage narrows and swells and may produce extra mucus.
Mucus is a sticky substance secreted from the nose and lungs in response to any external trigger response.
With asthma, the swelling is often triggered by something that the patient is allergic to, like dust, mites, pollen, molds, animal hair, or physical activity.
What happens in COPD?
COPD stands for “Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.” COPD is the name given to a group of lung diseases that include chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Chronic bronchitis is when the respiratory tubes that carry air to your lungs (bronchial tubes) get inflamed. This condition makes the patient highly uncomfortable. Emphysema is a medical condition in which the tiny alveoli (small balloon-like structures) are damaged. Smoking is the most common cause of COPD.
What is the Main Difference Between Asthma and COPD?
Causes of Asthma:
- Airborne allergens: When airborne allergens enter the upper respiratory system then they cause Asthma, cough, and sneezing to the patients. Such airborne allergens include pollen, mold spores, dust mites, and particles of cockroach waste.
- Cold air exposure: Exposure to the cold wave of air is really harmful to Asthma patients. The patient gets affected by the cold air. This exposure to cold air induced asthma attacks.
- Air pollutants and irritants: The fumes from the chemical industries, smoke, and other industries, when taken with air in the lungs then, may cause inflammation of the lungs and episodes of Asthma too.
- Physical activity: during the extreme or more than moderate level of exercise such as cardio, bench press, and gym workouts, the patient may get sudden episodes of Asthma attacks.
Causes of COPD:
- Emphysema. This lung disease causes damage to the fragile walls and elastic fibers of the alveoli. Small airways collapse when a patient exhales, impairing airflow out of the patient’s lungs. In the majority of cases, Asthma and COPD both have some observable cases of emphysema
- Chronic bronchitis. In this medical condition, the patient’s bronchial tubes become narrowed and inflamed and the patient’s lungs produce more mucus, which can further block the narrowed tubes. You develop a chronic cough trying to clear your airways. This symptom is common in both Asthma and COPD.
- Occupational COPD: Occupational COPD is asthma that’s caused by breathing in gases, chemical fumes, dust, cement particles on the job by the workers.
- Genetic cause: It has been seen that Asthma is able to transmit from the infected parents to their children.
Get Free Consultation
Allopathy v/s Homeopathy:
- It has been found that Allopathy is lacking in providing the best asthma and COPD treatment for patients of different age groups.
- Allopathic drugs are made synthetically, and thus, they cause severe toxicity to patients with Asthma and CPOD problems. Asthma and COPD homeopathic treatment is good in terms of assured results.
- Allopathic medicines are difficult to remove entirely from the body, and they are not that effective. In addition, they do not treat the original cause of Asthma.
- Homeopathic medicine relies on natural and authentic drugs and their doses. So, first, the patients thoroughly looked at their medical records. And then, the doctor prescribes asthma and COPD treatment.
- Homeopathy treats the patient gently. For example, in asthma and COPD treatment, the patient is relieved from the discomfort causing symptoms, and the recurrence of the ailment is also prevented.
How is Bharat Homeopathy treating asthma and COPD patients?
- Bharat Homeopathy is involved in providing the best quality asthma and COPD treatment. Our Homeopathic experts are constantly engaged in carefully determining the exact type of treatment that children need. We provide asthma and COPD homeopathic treatment at Bharat Homeopathy.
- Unlike other Homeopathic Clinics that immediately prescribe costly and useless drugs; We rely on patient data and modern Homeopathic medication. The patients who subscribed to our asthma homeopathic treatment are satisfied completely.
- Bharat homeopathy cares about the patients that consulted us. We are intensely involved in serving the asthmatic patients that have shown their precious trust in us.
- The medicines we use to treat Asthma are outstanding. The patients who have been treated in the past never complain about any side-effects causing homeopathic medicines.